not what i wanted to hear

1 minute read time.
today was results day .the consultant started with mamogram it was clear,next came the liver scan it was ok well it was all good thought i was home and dry .he then started to talk about mri . had been admited to hosptail 6weeks ago as the pain in my back was so bad the hosptail was not the one i usually attend after xrays they said it was a wedge farture and slight ostepenia my own consultant was not happy with this hence the mri,there is a fracture but an old one no ostepenia or thining off the bones all good then came the punch,he very calmly said it showed a tumor at the base off the spine,but its not cancer wrong composion or words to that effect could be collection off blood cells and would do a ct scan and bone scan to get a better look.not to be worrying how can you not worry i no he said its not cancer and i,m glad but there is still the thought that something is pressing on my spine so how do you not worry,toay they didnt move the finish line they erased it when will enough be enough.hercptin goes a head tomorrow as usual so a least thats a good thing to all the people who sent me there good wish thankyou.and its back to waiting.
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Doris.  Good news about your mammogram and liver scan.  I can understand your worry over the thing on your spine.  You just sometimes feel as if there is no end to this nightmare don't you.

Continue to keep us informed of how things are going.  Wishing you the best of luck.  Will be thinking of you.

Christine xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi doris

thats good news about your mamogram and liver scan. i know its still a worry about your spine at least they have said its not cancer. stay positive and let me know how you get on. take care sharon x