does this make me a bad person?

1 minute read time.

have been thinking alot lately about my tolerance towards other people, i feel bad coz every time someone talks to me about some problem or how bad they have it right now i just switch off. does this make me a bad person? i do listen but i just cant help but think "you have no idea how good you have it compaired to me" i just dont wanna listen to trivial s**t. i just think some times people dont think some times when they come to me and moan as they have no idea just how bad it is for the hundreds of people in the country and their familes who are going throught losing some one to terminal cancer. i feel guilty about it tho coz i seems to me like i must look like i dont care and its not that.i do care about my friends when they come to me for advice. It really grates on me when people talk to me about family issues coz one has fallen out with another and they dont talk i just feel like saying "grow up, at least you have that person in your life" . my thought 'am i becoming very bitter and losing my caring side'?

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

For want of a better word you're completely normal in my opinion. I think sometimes that the everyday whinges that we hear get put into place by what a cancer diagnosis (whether personal or loved one, family, friend etc.) of any sort does to our lives. The humdrum just doesn't seem important any more and I'm sure we've all felt like screaming at someone that whilst it might seem like the end of their world because of some minor irritation, they will at least be able to complain about the same thing tomorrow, next week or next year.

Rant away here or with a counsellor or with friends (the real ones will let you and still be there when you need to again). Take care, Stuart

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Gooseberry,

The one thing you are not is a bad person. and if the slap that Kate suggests dosent work try a good kick up the Arse.  Look after yourself.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx