Debs Daily Deliberations 258

2 minute read time.

Well the results are in..............

Arrived at the hospital well early (because the hubby always makes me leave so freakin early each time, just in case there's a problem Confused) so we headed off to the coffee shop for a quick pastry and coffee.  Of course I don't even get to finish mine before I need the loo (yes nerves have already set in).  Leave Tony sitting drinking while I nip out to the loo.......oh dear, they must have had a concert going on in the hospital because there were already 4 ladies queueing for 2 usable loo's.  Well I didn't have that long, so back to the coffee shop and ask the counter assistant for a takeout cup.  Get back to the table, quickly tip my latte into the cup and tell Tony we need to walk FAST back to oncology. 

At least in oncology all the toilets are single uni-sex and to be honest ............ cleaner!  So, quick comfort stop and we just about sign in and sit down before DEBORAH PERRY is called round to the inner sanctum waiting room.  Another new usher (ok nurse!) to tell that I prefer to be called Debs!  This one had some gumption, she crossed Deborah out on the front of my notes folder (which is fast becoming a tome) and wrote Debs, highlighted and underlined it......let's hope it works.

Well I didn't see my 'Wizard of Onc'  but another new registrar, a very slight and nervous looking man called Mr Woo together with my neuro-oncology nurse.  Oh this fresh registrar looked like someone I could have fun with Wink.  As usual I got the "how are you feeling?" ........ sod how I am feeling, tell me if my MRI is clear........ but instead I said "yes fine, unless you're going to tell me different?" at which point my nurse winked and Mr. Woo smiles "well, we still haven't had the radiologists report through" (through, it's the same bloomin hospital, just uploaded onto the same bloomin computer system! ) "but, from what we can see on them, there's no change and it's all clear"......"great, can I see the scans please?" I say - don't ask me why I like to see them, I can't bloody tell a thing LOL but it makes me look interested right?

So then Mr Woo asks all the right questions, any headaches, any speech problems? which is the only time my hubby speaks out replying "a bit too much mostly" everyone chuckles, EXCEPT ME Hmm

So I have to go back in six months for another visit (or MOT) with my onc and I am not being scanned for a year......yes folks A YEAR!!!!!!!! Woo bloody hoo.  The icing on the cake, they forgot to weigh me........phewwwwwwwwwwwwww LOL

me & my two younger sisters out for lunch for Sharon's (one at the front) 42nd Birthday last Saturday.

Thought for today:
Joy is the feeling of grinning - on the inside!
Melba Colgrove

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Debs,

Great news that has made my next 6mths. Im so glad that you and Tony and the kids,have a bit of rest bite

Look after yourself. Belated Happy Birthday Sharon.

P.S. You dont look 42.

You all take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Fantastic news, Debs - really chuffed for you all!

Loadsalove

Kx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Great news Debs.  

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

thats fantastic news xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Seee told you so. Or did I? Well if I didn't I should have. But I think I did. Or was it someone else? Dunno but I am so glad my chemo brain is getting better. Or is it worse?

I got reported to the council's standards board for being rude to someone ( all I wrote was that maybe if people weren't rude to our staff then they probably wouldn't be rude back) and she took it to mean I called her rude. So now I have been on a course and learned how not to be rude to people even when I am not and am a reformed character. Bring back the old Drew - that's what Tim's "friend" Simone says - she said I would never pass the course amyway but then again she will never get ready unless she has spent four hours doing her makeup and three hours doing her hair not to mention having to drag her away from her reflection in shop windows or mirrors. But then again we all have our little idiosyncracies and being rude to people is certainly not one of mine!

Great news - I'm still on six monthlies -

keep smiling

love

Drew

X