Debs Daily Deliberations 257

1 minute read time.

2ND CRANIVERSARY

Yes folks, this time two years ago I was two hours into a four & half hour surgery.  I'd imagine by this time my forehead was on my chin and the top of my skull was in a metal tray somewhere.  Mr B and his glamourous (and gorgeous) young spanish assistant - swoon! - were being sterotactically guided through my beautiful brain, carefully deweeding me of Buttercup.

I was wearing some sexy compression stockings and a long flowery hospital gown that draped on the floor cos I am a shortarse! 

Today I got woken just before 8am with a nice cuppa tea from my lovely husband, who also cooked me a bacon & egg muffin before him and the boys deserted Lara and myself to go and take a 1st Kyu Karate Grading at their club. 

Have to say it was a much better start to my day this year!  A lot has happened in two years, but I am here, still kicking it and annoying the hell out of most people.  I have my next MRI on February 7th and yes the nerves have kicked in and scanxiety rules in my house (plus Mother Nature is lurking to shake my hormones up further), so everyone needs to move slowly through my house, preferably in groups (there's safety in numbers apparently) and walk on eggshells around me.

I don't ask much of my family do I LOL

Don't worry folks I am not going to share the photo of me after surgery again this year, once is more than enough I think!

Onwards & Upwards as our very wise IndieChick used to say.

my eyes & the beginnings of a fringe!, shame my glasses leave such a dent in my nose lol

Thought for today:
“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”
Albert Enstein

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Debs

Time flies doesn't it, don't seem 10 minutes since reading last years posting about your first craniversary.

I shall look forward to what the family have instore for your third.

Are you doing anything special this weekend, like touring Tesco :)

All the best for the 7th Feb test.

Dave

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Pah! Scanxiety indeed. Last scan was clear - so will this one. That's easy for me to say. Unlike Buttercup's pedigree name. At least I could pronounce MY cancer! It's great to have some good news - I am sure you will go from strength to strength.

Keep smiling

love

Drew

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good to hear from you again Debs.  Happy Cranniversary, and may there be many more.

Hope you and the family have a great day.

Daffie xxx

• All hail our very own "Super-Debs", Queen of Tesco and chief weeder of Buttercups. Long may you reign! And long may you continue to entertain us with your excellent blogs.

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Debs,

Happy Craniversary. With Many more to come,

Breakfast in bed you have one loving husband and

Family. All the best for the 7th,you will be fine.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Jackie.xx

P.S. You have very Happy eyes.