Debs Daily Deliberations 255

3 minute read time.

.........On A Cold & Frosty Morning......

Saturday arrived with an icy blast, so glad the day I actually did have my Gin & Tonic seizure (Tonic Clonic technically but my way sounds better) or more accurately, flapping like a fish outta water whilst peeing myself in my front garden.  The garden was white, crunchy & sparkly but bloomin cold out there.  I fed the birds, cracked the ice on the pond and got ready to hit the town.

Tony had to bank the karate club's takings for the month and I was shopping for our friends who are having their baby girl Tuesday by c-section due to her enourmous size already and the fact the mum is tiny.  Lara came with us (clever girl that one) and we headed straight to H&M that only opened last week.  I found a cute pair of pink dungeree's for new baby and Lara found a new coat and a jumper, I also bought Tony some much needed socks (the sock monster has been working overtime in our house) and Jack another new shirt and jumper that are smart enough to wear for Sixth Form.  We went into Boots and there Lara found a black semi-permanent hair dye, a new blusher, new makeup brush and light up compact....me, I got some nail glue.  Exciting eh, but I have broken my thumbnail WAY below the skin level and am just too chicken to pull it off, it will hurt and then I'll have a short nail which I can't paint Sad

With everyone shopped out (well I wasn't exactly but Christmas is coming and the bank manager is getting fat!) we headed to the Water Margin for lunch.  It's a huge all you can eat Chinese buffet style restaurant.  While we were stuffing our faces with various dishes I noticed the time, the time I woke up in my garden......oh this is a much better plan than that LOL  Several courses and two coffees later, we were stuffed and it came to £30 something....not bad and a great way to celebrate me still being here two years later.

My actual day of being told I had a brain tumour came 4 days later, so I wonder if I can persuade Tony we need to celebrate again Confused I might be pushing my luck and my waistline!!!!!  Home and I dyed Lara's hair for her.........it's really black now but she is happy and it will wash out in 24 washes (which is about two weeks the way she does it).  We spent a lazy Saturday afternoon, I messed around with my graphics programme, Tony & Sean played Call of Duty: Black Ops and linked up with my sisters boyfriend online (doesn't take much to make my men happy - just a gun lol).  Lara went off to watch some makeup tutorials on YouTube and apply copious amounts of her new goodies!  Jack was ensconced in his bedroom making digital music, he's had one track signed and needs another for it to be released as a mini ep apparently.

Dinner time came and I didn't want to cook, so Pizza Hut stepped in and delivered an assortment of pizza's & side dishes - very handy!  We then watched the film Taken with Liam Neeson, very very good.  I really enjoyed it, except it wasn't quite long enough and finished before Fix Factor did.  This mean't I had to watch it and make my opinions known on Facebook at the same time!  However I do admit to being a I'm A Celeb Get Me Out Of Here junkie.

All in all a MUCH better day than I had two years ago......hospital food and three old ladies snoring very loudly or yelling out they need to "go tinkle" all night doesn't compare LOL

early morning walk to Tesco's via the fishing lake

Thought for today
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"
Sydney J. Harris

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

What a beautiful photo Debs - you have a great talent. Keep on celebrating, you deserve it. Val X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So glad your anniversairre was such a success. 24 washes - I don't think my hair will stand 24 more washes. It's the only thin part of me.

Keep smiling

love

Drew

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks Val, I do enjoy clicking away and have thousands of photos stored on an external drive!

LOL I hear you Drew, I haven't left the house without a hat or headband since March 2009 because of my baldy spot right at the front of my head, courtesy of Buttercup!

I've also been getting a slight pain where my front most bolt is (just on my forehead below the hairline)......wonder if its the cold weather.....in which case, I could become a replacement for Pensicola Pete the groundhog :)  always a silver lining eh ;)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You see thats why you are more cleverer than me. If I had your way of thinking I would be celebrating my 12th anniversary on the 22nd Feb. But with not be able to smell or taste. I wont bother, I will just be a miserable old shit. Glad to hear you and the Family had a good time.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Jackie,Angela,and Meggie.xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Debs, it was lovely to read your daily delibs. and the photo is really gorgeous.  You certainly know how to enjoy life to full and, taking into account two years ago - you go girl!  My sister lives in Leigh-On-Sea and her water and heating broke down this morning.  She went downstairs to the kitchen and it was flooded.  She phoned me from her bed which is the warmest place as she said it was snowing?!  Take care girl and congrats. on still being here two years since diagnosis - I think your determination to live life to the full and keep your family close has helped and I wish you all you wish for yourself.  Ann x