Debs Daily Deliberations 254

2 minute read time.

Morning Misfits!!!!

Saturday will be exactly two years since I flapped like a fish in my front garden and started my brain tumour journey.  My how time flies when you are having fun!

Wednesday night I finally plucked up the courage to return to the cinema since diagnosis.  We took the kids to see the latest Harry Potter offering.  Not a big fan myself I am more of a Lord Of The Ring kinda girl.  Apart from almost having a heart attack at how much it cost us 5 to get in......and the fact I was sneaky and bought drinks & snacks from Tesco's and took a BIG handbag with me......the film was OK, the youngest two kids enjoyed it.

However, it did not sit well with me.  The size of the screen, the fast movements, the zooming over land & water with flashing lights and noise........made me feel quite sick and I left with a horrendous headache.  Guess I am destined to wait and watch on Sky Movies or a DVD from now on.

Things are going manically as usual in the Perry house. Jack realised last night he had left his flash drive in the Business Studies computer at school yesterday - it has all his A level coursework on for ALL his subjects and he hadn't backed it up on his computer for sometime!!!!!  If he can't find it he thinks he may as well quit because he doesn't have the time in one weekend to redo it all....arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Lara is now on a first level report at school but at least with all her class teachers signing it each lesson, we can really see whats she is getting upto. She seems to have settled this last week (only taken a month!).  I think she finally realised what the girls were like when they set off a fire extinguisher in a science room and smashed some windows.  Thankfully Lara was not with them on this occassion but when the police were called in and they got hauled in, they said Lara was.  I think she nearly pooped herself when she walked into the room and saw a policeman there.  I am just glad the girls she was with, backed her up.  She knows who set her up and said its because she has been ignoring them.....must be what its like for gang members.....once you're in, its hard to get out.  She is focussing hard on an upcoming trampolining competition for which she is in the team, so having a few positive things happening at school is encouraging her a bit (I hope!).

Well thats about all the exciting news at the moment from a brain tumour patient trying to live the jetset life on one wage Wink

taken early one morning on a walk to Tesco's.

Thought for today:
Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.
Bernadette Devlin

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Glad to hear that things are improving with Lara, and many congratulations on the anniversary, lets hope there are many many many more!!

Love the photo!

Marsha x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well done Debs. Int our kids brill? Silly Jack but I am sure he will be OK. Lara? Pretty amazing. I have a number of young people in a virtual company I am running and it's the boys who are so immature and if they turn up our meetings deteriorate into shambles. Tell he it's not big and it's not clever. Here speaks the voice of experience. If she carries on her Uncle Drew will come to Essex and give her a damn good talking to. And she wouldn't want that. Second anniversairre. Spice the mainbrace. Declare a national holiday. I'll drink to that. If we can have a day off for W.C. (William and Catherine) then we sure can have one for Buttercup.

Keep smiling

love

Drew

• Lovely to read your blog as always.

Cyber hugs,

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Debs,

"2yrs its hard to beleive its been that long it only  seems like yesterday. Glad to see Lara is coming round. I hope Jack will still have his flash drive when he goes back. As for you young lady I hope you are well and behaving yourself. Look after eachother.

Me and my lot send thoughts and best wishes to

you all.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Jackie,Angie,

and Megs.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Debs, its nice to read about you after what seems quite a while.  Your house sounds as manic as mine only I have just the one daughter to cope with (20 going on 2 sometimes).  I just wanted to say I wish you well and  hope its not too cold down in Southend.  Ann x