Debs Daily Deliberations 253

3 minute read time.

Forgive me blogee's its been one month and a day since my last confession!

Sheesh the site is all shook up again I see.  I have read lots of posts this morning - I only came on cos I knew Kezzer was back and have spent just over an hour reading a few interesting comments.  I do agree with a lot of whats been written, as you all know I am not the greatest fan of the site format, I am old fashioned girl and What Now was my first and true love BUT.......whatever crap happens or doesn't I'd rather have this site than none! 

Oh I digressed somewhat there eh, almost sounded like I knew what I was talking about too eh LOL

I came here to tell you about my latest 'Dorey' moment!  I have been having real trouble with my youngest daughter and school - suffice to say, she is in with a bad crowd and now has an attitude to match at only 12yo.  Now had the school phoning to tell me of their concerns too - oh nothing like a lil bit of stress to help Debs start having trouble finding the right words, get a headache and generally all the same things a non brain-tumour parent would feel........so last Friday I am due to meet my middle sister Sharon for lunch (yeah Sharon from Essex hahahaha, we give her sooooooooooo much stick for that) and I find out Lara has walked out of a classroom and had her phone confiscated & can I go collect the phone (apparently a lad was taking the michael out of her boob size!).

Now fuming and stomping around getting ready (we had sat her down and had a good chat in the week & thought we were making progress) Now I suffer from pimples on my nose once a month, never had spots as a teenager but after having my kids in my late 20's & early 30's mother nature bestowed yet another gift on me to warn of impending hormonal imbalances!!!!!  I am in the downstairs loo or cloakroom for the poshies amongst us and take off my glasses to dab some witch hazel stick on me nose ........ reach into my makeup bag and grab it and start rubbing it all over me nose.  Funny, it doesn't smell much of witch hazel.  I then get that feeling, you know the one, when you just know you are doing something wrong.  Slowly lower the 'witch hazel' stick to find that I have been rubbing my Aloe Vera Lip Balm all over me nose!

I can tell you folks, that Aloe Vera Lip Balm is great for cracked lips, but not so for hormonal pimples on your nose!  One makeup wipe later I apply said Witch Hazel and finish my makeup.  Without my glasses and not really paying much attention in my aggravated state, they kinda looked the same but as I took a snap for you lot this morning, I can see they are not really that much alike ....... oh well, hopefully I will have raised a smile from some of you 'orrible gits and my misfortune has brightened some of your mornings!

I finally calmed down after having a lovely lunch with my sister at the local carvery. We have had more talks with said 'prodigal daughter' and hope to be making progress, she is just so different to our boys and we really have tried the strict disciplinarian approach, the friendly approach, the screaming wanting to kill her approach, now I am throwing all the responsibility onto her.  What would she do if her daughter was like this (course she normally says "nuffink, cos if she's like me she aint done nuffink wrong!" - yes she really is a true Essex Girl as much as it pains me to say so! )But we took her out shopping Saturday and let her spend some of the money she earnt doing leafleting for a friend that owns a shop and we treated her to lunch.  We baked cakes with her and had some fun so watch this space, its Tuesday and no phonecalls - so far!!!!!!!!!!!!

my favourite Autumn photo (looks a bit fuzzy where I had to resize it down so much).

Thought for today:
I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.
Agatha Christie

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh debs that was so funny mixing the two up. I also have a 12 year old daugther going on 18. Been having attitude and stressed her out about my dad being ill. We got a young lady from the hospice to speak to her and ive been spending my time with her. Hope that helps teresa x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Lovely to hear from you again Debs. You're not alone in the mix-up stakes - I once mistook lipbalm for a glue stick and wondered why nothing stayed put. At least I didn't glue my lips together( although I'm sure certain people might think that was the better option!!).

I didn't have a teenage girl to contend with, just boys. All I can say is that it doesn't last forever, but you have my sympathies. Love Val X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Not to worry Debs, even on a good day I have been known to hairspray under my arms or deoderise my hair!

I still remember the awful teenage daughter years.  Just be thankful you only have the one. Our two always tried outdo each other in misbehaviour stakes.

We parents are in it for the long haul. Now long flown the nest, at last we can be proud of the loving daughters we always knew they could be.

Our Essex girl grandaughter just turned six is already starting to flout authority in way that reminds us of her mother.  Pay back time or what?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey don't knock hormonal spots chic, I haven't got any hormones left!!!!!!! and there are worst things you could have put on your nose!!!! Kids eh, they are great until they get hormones and discover boys (daughters that is) if it gets too bad give me a shout, I can sit in a room with kids and they go very quiet and I don't even have to say anything. love carol xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Loved your thought of the day, our daughter gave us a run for our money in her teenage years,so i don't envy you at the moment! I too am always deodorising my hair , and  losing things.  

Best wishes  Sue   xx