Dear Husband, I will be there for you, every step of the way, right by your side.

• More signs of decline

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I hate the word "roller coaster". It implies that after a short up and down ride I'm going to get off and return to my normal life.

I would say what I'm going through is more akin to being buried alive. Just occasionally there is a glimpse of light and air but overall it is suffocating and the end result will be too awful for words.

Our eldest son has for over a year saved and planned his trip to the…

• More ramblings

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Caring for someone with cancer is utterly exhausting. Caring for someone I love with all my heart is exhausting yes, but also such a privilege. Every minute of my waking day now is focused on getting everything right - the meds, the food, the rest, the moving about, the sleep, the social interaction, the just about everything. I have no idea how I get through each day. I'm not even on auto pilot but I am managing to get…

• Tis only upon the doorway of death that true love reveals its identity.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am so very fortunate to be loved so dearly by my darling husband. We have so much to be thankful for. We are saying our slow goodbyes, reflecting on our lives together and gaining strength from one another on this our final togetherness. We talk much of love, our love, still "in" love after all these years.

My wonderful brave soldier. My comforter, my advisor.

How I will wake each day without you I do not…

• His 59th Birthday.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today is his 59th birthday. Most likely his last.

We had our three sons and a dear friend around the table to help celebrate the day.

Friends had provided all the feast, the trimmings, the cake and a whole lot of goodwill.

He was able to chat and laugh and smile and listen and comment and tell his stories and hug us all and kiss us all and blow out the candles and toast our lives and make some jokes and reflect and…

• How I admire him and am so proud of him.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

He's doing really well. He feels like complete and utter sh*t but in his own quiet way he has accepted the inevitable. No anger, no regrets, no bitterness. He tells me twenty times a day that he loves me and I love him. He holds my hand whilst I cry, he advises me on my bleak and miserable future without him.

No topic has been off limits. He's so brave. We've sorted general funeral stuff out. We've made decisions…