7 March 2021

1 minute read time.

So, last Monday Lynne got the clippers out and removed the lot - well down to about 2mm anyway. I expect the stubble to start falling out soon.
Tuesday onwards have not been so good. I was on steroids over the weekend and had been feeling a bit like superman so it was a comedown.
From Monday we decided to dispense with District Nurse for my daily injection (over 7 days) and do it ourselves. Lynne cheerfully did most of them. The chemo obliterates the immune system so the injections were to increase the production of white blood cells to boost the immune system. Then I have tablets to counter nausea and more tablets to counter loose bowels. Plus tablets to counter heartburn in the middle of the night.
Something is working as I am managing to eat more without pain and hiccups and sleep through more often without heartburn.
The fundraising for MacMillan was brilliant and we managed to raise over £1,500 including gift aid.
The brain fog that comes with chemo must have been at its height on Tuesday as I splashed out £10 to watch what was possibly the worst Rams performance I have ever witnessed. When I get through this I'll fork out £5 a time to go and watch Belper Town - at least they try.
I need to keep as fit as possible so have started with what I can manage - walking 1km up Crich Lane towards Nether Heage and back. Today I walked a little further than yesterday.

Anonymous