Not good

1 minute read time.

I had a phone call from Mum at 5.30 Monday morning saying that she had called an ambulance for Dad.  Last January before the lung cancer he had atrial fibrillation and he has had the same again.  He had another attack on Tuesday morning at 1am and the hospital phoned me to say that he was asking for Mum as he was sure he was dying, my two sisters also came to the hospital. They have managed to stabilise Dad and he is now on a normal ward, on oxygen, at least until Monday.

It was all very scary and I really thought we were going to lose him, because of the lung cancer they are trying to balance the drugs so that they don't cause any problems.  He coughed up a small clot on Tuesday morning after the attack and apparently because he is on blood thinning drugs at the moment it was one of the things the nurses were asked to look out for.

Unfortunately his vicar is away and he was asking for him Tuesday morning - he contacted the hospital chaplaincy and they came to see him.

A palliative nurse came round yesterday and asked lots of questions and said that he looked & sounded quite well considering.

When I saw him yesterday he said that he had been confused as they had moved him in the middle of the night, what with that & the morphine they had given him he had thought he was in Athens when he woke up!!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had to take Dad back to the Drs this morning.  He was passing urine throughout the night which isn't unusual but it had a lot of blood in it.  Dr is sending sample for testing for infection and Dad will now have to go and have a csytocopy to find out where the bleeding is coming from.  I am hoping this isn't a sign that the cancer has spread to somewhere else.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

All ok no infection and took Dad for his scan etc today and they checked his kidneys and his bladder.  He has an enlarged prostate so just got to take him to the Drs tomorrow to talk about the new pills he's got to take for that.

Since his little heart attack he has been very tired and is using his commode downstairs again in the daytime.

We have been so worried that this was the cancer spreading and its really good news its not so hopefully Dad will be a lot happier now and stop worrying as much now he knows what it is.