Reverse, Reverse. (cha cha real slow)

2 minute read time.

Back to the now well trodden corridors of the hospital and it was nice to see my consultant in plain clothes for a change (rather than latex gloves etc....).

He's a very nice chap and we get on well cos he likes beer and football, but NHS deadlines prevent us from getting into much more than a couple of lines of chit chat, today was just comparing injuries. Anyway today's appointment was a bit of mystery to me and so once we got off the injury subject he said "Now would you like to get rid of your baggy and have a reversal". Oooh I can have one then, all the tests have shown my rectum is once again back to its old self, if a little shorter!

He then spent 5 minutes telling me all the possible nasty side effects and the very small % of people that get them, so the chances are very small, hmmm.... Risk 1) After they reconnect you they have no idea how long your bowels will take to start working properly again (some never do). Risk 2) They don't know if you will regain the ability to "hold it in" and "push it out" (you get the picture) it takes time for the body to learn this again. I didn't realise reversal meant you go back to being like a baby!!!!!

Other risks ain't worth mentioning really. But after all this he says "we just don't know how anyone will react after the reversal op, we have no way of telling. Do you still want to go ahead and have the reversal?" I wanted to say do bears sh&t in the woods, but said "why of course, it will be fun finding out".

So the die is cast, and I ask "when will the op be, before Xmas?", silence before Oh leaned one says  "Hmmm not likely cos I'm going on holiday for the whole of November. Probably next year".  "But I want to go to a ball in February, will I be able to go?" I ask hoping to get him to "do me" in Dec. Oh skillfull one says" Oh yes, you should be able to go but sit near the loos."

Finally I am also going to get my first post op scan, but only cos I asked if this would happen, apparently they (or he) don't see much value in them, but he said we will do them as a routine.

So that is it, as far as I'm concerned it's full steam ahead, to reversal.

Tight Lines

Tim xxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Right, warped table it is then! Think I will pass on the Madonna outfit though........not got the legs for it!

Tim, think you and i raised our glasses at the same time. Footie and no injuries...that's a change! Forgot to ask what you made of Solihull when you went for your fishing weekend. Millionaires' Row or what?

LM, I have let you out of the naughty corner, but you must behave! It should be your resting up day tomorrow...or not!

xxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

The bit I saw of Solihull was in the country, and it was very posh indeed! There seemed to be more golf courses than pubs! The fishing is better down here though, probably cos it's warmer.

Such a shame the Madonna outfit is being left on the rack, would have been fun watching the loons trying to avoid having their eyes poked out!

Tight Lines

Tim xxx