Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• I forgot to be ME

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"I forgot to be me" written over a picture of a forest with orange autumn leaves.

Lindsay, known to much of our Community as Leolady56, has been an avid member and Community Champion for a couple of years now. Just a couple of months ago I discovered that outside of the Community Lindsay’s involved in a fair few rather interesting hobbies – something you’ll shortly read about further. In addition, she’s also the founder of the ever popular Walking back to Happiness thread,…

• "Blue Monday is the most depressing day of the year? Only if you insist!"

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Blue monday" written in pink over a woman looking at the sunrise, with her arms raised.

Here in West Yorkshire, just one of the locations where our Support Line teams are based, we’re lucky enough to have 3 ‘Wellbeing Champions’ at hand to support our teams if ever anyone's having a bit of a tough time, and perhaps need a bit of emotional support. Ahead of 'Blue Monday' (21/01/2019), one of our Wellbeing Champs, Natalie, has put together for us a guide on beating those ‘January Blues’.…

• "Nowhere to turn? How I discovered the Online Community..."

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Nowhere to turn? How I discovered the Online Community..." written over a photograph of a telescope looking over a beach and blue sky

Last month Gina, one of our Online Community Champions, shared with the Community part of her cancer journey, specifically interactions with family, friends and colleagues. The blog was called “Most of us just want normality!”, and if you haven’t already read it, it makes for a really thought provoking read.

Gina’s back this week to tell us how she discovered the Online Community when she most needed…