The blue pencil strikes again

Less than one minute read time.

I posted a blog this morning about lemons. I had two replies. I had just finished replying to the readers. Then discovered that Admin had deleted the post. Who had I offended? What cardinal rule did I break? Why was there no explanation from admin? I wonder if it is worth staying with this site, forums that is.

Not a happy bunny.

C.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh, bugger. I was looking forward to a reply - well just another margarita really  :-)

Only thing I can think of is that it contravened posting rules about unproven cures and/or alternative therapies that could be seen as being approved or recommended by Macmillan ?

And I just bought so'ooo many too - Lemon Drizzle cake anyone ?  George & Jackie  :-)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Cliveann

We did send you an e-mail after deleting the blog post, stating our reasons for doing so.

I am sorry that you feel upset that we removed your post.

I hope you understand and continue to use the forum.

Best wishes

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dreamthief, I was in the process of replying, I had just hit the "post comment" button and found I had been deleted. Sorry to say I have forgotten exactly what I said. In short, I agreed with both your points of view.

Admin (you missed out the 'e' in cliveanne) I replied to your mail stating "My post was NOT intended as an alternative treatment, but as a point of interest."

Regarding 'alternative treatments' I do use one, 'Bowen Therapy' It was the only thing that could cope with my very long history of back problems. Interestingly. the NHS have been taking it up.

C.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sorry to hear that you've been 'edited', C.  I guess my post on the lemon juice scam was allowed because I was vehement enough to make the mods realise I wouldn't fall for it.  Perhaps you were a bit too tolerant in your approach, so while you might have agreed with Dreamthief and me, you didn't exactly say so.  Please don't go away - your contributions are valuable to the rest of us.  Lets just all agree to have a margarita or a piece of lemon drizzle cake together.  No, I've a better idea, there's a saying, isn't there, about if life gives you lots of lemons, make lemonade!  So I'm raising a glass of lemonade to you.

Love, Dyad

PS I'm planning another blog post soon on how to spot a 'cancer cure' scam. Watch this space.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Make it a brandy and I'm in ;-)

I'll be looking out. I have recently come back after a 2hr walking session, 1hr as a walk leader & the rest doing the shops & council offices for my Good Lady I think I'll have a double (coffee that is )

C.