The Beginning

Less than one minute read time.

Well I am not entirely sure where to begin to be honest. My darling husband Clint has been recently diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma for the second time only this time it is in his Spleen, Pancreas and Stomach.

We had the horrific journey today of going to the hospital and finding out what the prognosis and actually what was going to happen with regards to his treatment.  He has been told that he requires between 6 to 8 session os R-CHOP chemotherapy, i felt sick when they said that but his face said it all!!!

He has been told he requires to have another biopsy and bone marrow procedure done plus and echo before any of his treatment can be done.  It s now just a waiting game and my god its hard.

I am his wife and I know that I am not the one going through it all but I am the one who has to sit and watch the person she loves go through one the the most horrible periods.

I will keep this updated as things happen

Gillian

x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Gillian sorry to hear your news !!!   My husband was diagnosed with NHL in Feb 20010 ! He had 8 lots of R- Chop 3 weeks apart !!  if you want to hear about our story of dealing with this chemo just let me know . sending my best wishes

lots of love Maxine xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi maxine,

Thanks very much i would like to hear about your story it might give me some ideas of what is ahead for us all.  How is your husband now?

Love

Gillian

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

dear maxine ,i have just been diagnosed with n h follicular lymphoma as well stage 4 with bone marrow involment .i am starting this week r .chop for 8 sessions .one every 3 weeks ,scared  to death perhaps we can help each other. xxwendy

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Gillian

My husband also has NHL - Mantle Cell lymphoma - one of the rarest and they say "incurable" lymphomas - but we don't believe that. It is so hard being the carer and you will need as much support as you are giving him - we are only round 3 of 6 - it was going to be RCHOP & ARC Cytarabine but now because the cytarabine did such a good job in round two we are sticking with it.

Anyway happy to share our journey with you - if you want to vent as a carer do add me as a friend and private message me - they are some things you may not want to say publicly :)

Take care I hope the bone marrow is clear

Nikki

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Gillian

Thank you for your friend request have just accepted !!!!!  didn't know if to tell you all about on here or in private message just let me know which you would prefer !!!   hope your coping

lots of love Maxine xxxx