Ca125 Blood Test

1 minute read time.

Well peeps, after my visit to the breast clinic last Friday where I was refused a Ca125 blood test by the sister at the clinic because I have lymphoedema in both arms, I had a visit at the GP's. When I mentioned that I would need blood taken from my foot, she groaned. I asked her why I got that reaction all the time, what the problem was. She explained that it is difficult to take blood from the foot as it comes out really slowly and is prone to clotting. We then discussed whether I needed the blood test at this stage. I had one done last June and it was normal (17 apparently).

I have been having a lot of pain from the right ovary which is getting considerably worse. I have an appointment for an ultrasound on the 28th February, so the doc said that the Ca125 isn't normally used as a diagnostic tool since if it comes back high it can be an indication of other problems and not necessarily ovarian cancer, so it's best that I have the ultrasound and if something shows on the results the blood test would then be carried out.

I have to admit that I was quite relieved as I wasn't looking forward to having blood taken from my foot. So, I have a wee reprieve until the 28th when, obviously, I hope all is well, although with the pain I've been having, I'm sure there is something going on. Hopefully it will be a simple cyst. Can't help worrying I guess, but I'm trying to put it to the back of my mind until I know.

That's all for now folks, will keep you all updated when I know more.

Have a good weekend everyone. Love, Christine xx

Anonymous