teenagers, early mornings and bad moods......

Less than one minute read time.

it's been a week since my radio therapy and Ms tiredness is paying a visit.....I've been sleeping probably about 12 hours of the day....

i don't mind because there's something about the power of sleep and healing....

But, at the moment I've still been getting up and dressed in the morning.....and if I can..I'm sure son number 2 can make the effort...

So I wake him at 6.30...have my brekkie, then disappear into my book ( the hobbit, my happy place.)..

8 o'clock...ex husband turns up to take son to college....when I'm sat in me dressing gown looking like death warmed up, the last person I wish to converse with is my ex..!! .....

10 minutes of uncomfortableness later....down comes son.....saying...

'' I was under the impression that somebody was going to wake me up this morning....''

so my question is....how big a stick can i use to thump him with next time without getting arrested....??

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jackie,

I have the remains of the door from the Room when I slammed it off its hinges... that's a pretty bit stick! You are welcome to borrow it anytime.

My mum used to tip cold spaghetti on my head or shove it by my feet... but she was truely bonkers and look what happened to me.

You could tell ex next time he turns up to do his fatherly duties and get his son up.. play the cancer card with him... and get him to go and wake him up etc... means you don't have to wake up your son AND you don't have to talk to the ex either...!

Otherwise, can't help you... my teenage boy gets up earlier than me in the mornings... he's bonkers too.

RT doens't half make you tired! If sleeping had been an Olympic sport, I would have won gold...

Oh and the Hobbit :) I love it :)

Bug hug to you my lovely...

Little My xxx

ps me having a bonkers family... eh? how did that happen?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh chansey it definatly is a teenage boy thing...i am so lucky to have a girl also 18....not only does she get herself up she makes ME a brew does her lunch feeds the dog and gets herself to college.    Would you like to borrow her sometime   or perhaps she could teach your son how its done,in the meantime all the above look like good ideas but here is another one.....no teenager can resist their mobile phone so make sure its turned on and keep on ringing till he answers    good lucck   XXXXX     Culotte

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I was going for the time-honoured pull the covers off method, but teenage boys are perfectly capable of getting up, dragging the covers back, and going back to sleep. (Come to think of it, so am I.)

Never mind, it doesn't matter what you do - you know you'll always be wrong. Just enjoy your book. Tolkien's world is a lot preferable to ours, in many ways. His Trolls and dragons can be dealt with fairly easily (Dark Lords take a little longer ...).

xx