It's been really difficult for me to talk about it

Less than one minute read time.

hello my name is chansey. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in september 2008. I have been reading the macmillan site since then but never had the courage to register and enter discussions. I've had a mastectomy,lymph nodes removed, 6 months chemo, 5 weeks radiotherapy, herceptin which I finished this february and at easter I had reconstuctive surgery. Now I've finished treatment and have had time to reflect on everything. I haven't spoken properly to anyone about all of this, I permanently got my 'brave face' on because I don't want to upset my family but unfortunately my home life has changed a lot over the past 6 months and it gets a bit too much for me...but same again, I don't tell anyone, I usually go for a drive to the park, have a good cry and then go back home with my 'brave face' on again!  I would be grateful for any advice at all.. thanks

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi chancey,

just to echo what everyone else has said, you will find lots of comfort on here , friends and even laughter...,

i DONE  the race for life this year and last, maybe you should do it next year? its good fun (we walked)

liz xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi liz

well done doing the race,me and my son were going to do it this year but it fell too early in my area, it's not 6 weeks yet since my reconstruction op..we are definately doing it next year.

chansey xx