crushed red velvet and steroids..............

1 minute read time.

I made a start on my ball gown yesterday............using a old simplicity dress pattern I had from school...I rarely throw anything to do with sewing away..I'm the proud owner of the family 'button tin'..and always put in those buttons you get dangling from you new blouses....

I'm a haberdashery addict....saving the ribbon you get wrapped around tea towels...and the little bits that come with other gifts.....you never know, they may come in useful....

I've missed going round the markets lately. for remnants and stuff like that.....until i discovered that you can get it all on amazon.....

I was going to be busy with other stuff today....i'd arranged for someone to come round and measure up for a new shower..one with a seat and handles to make it a bit easier for me....

the appointment was sorted and i'd got my son and dad round to help cos i'm not so mobile and a bit spaced out on steroids and pain killers....

so yesterday the rep calls me and just sort of says....'I've booked another appointment, so i will call to your house an hour earlier''.......

just so straightforward for him....''beg pardon' i say,'' then explain my situation and politely tell him to go and blow it out of his ass''

then i called the company, cancelled my appointment and asked them to ring the rep for an explaination....

why do these people think that they can treat a person like that, especially as it is a mobility company that i contacted so they know that the customers are genuine...they must think we are a pushover....

wrong......they under estimate the power of velvet and buttons and shiny things..........(and steroids, ha ha)

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

My gran had two brass shell cases from WW1 in which she put anything "too good to throw away"! On rainy days, she would tip one of them out on a sheet of newspaper and I loved sorting through, bits of string, a darning mushroom, screws washers springs regimental badges etc.

Aww, you wouldn't expect a man to go all weepy eyed over simplicity patterns would you! My wife used to make most of her own clothes and clothes for the children and it was over twenty years later that I finally threw them out!

I always thought this passion for keeping old junk was a male thing. I have so many old screws I could start a shop, or more like it a museum!

That domestic science teacher must have moved around a bit, I;m sure she was at my school. Of course being a boy we were not allowed to do domestic science and how relieved we were!

A shower with a seat in it, how posh can you get? You'll be shopping at Waitrose next! Hope you get it sorted Jackie.

Well done for sending that thoughtless firm packing, they must realise that an essential part of any business deal is confidence in the people you are dealing with.

Five Dad's hankies? I thought you only needed three for a bikini plus a bit of string too short to keep.

Yes! We must see a pic of the finished Ball Gown, suitably modelled of course.

Love and hugs to ladies who do or do not craft,

Odin xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oooh you have got us all reminiscing (can't spell that one oops). I was so excited as a young teenager to get a sewing machine for Christmas 'cos i'd started making clothes in domestic science and found i had a knack for it. I was a rocker and used to make all my own clothes. I also embroidered the back of my denimn jacket with all my favourite band names, AC/DC, KISS, Whitesnake, Scorpions and my fave Rush. Still love 'em all now.

Can't tolerate pushy or rude salesmen. He'll have to explain to his company now, serves him right and good or you. My mum had her shower redone with seat etc. last summer. We did all the reasearch and found that all your mobility companies cost a fortune compared with your local self employed plumber and a much more personal and friendly service. They all do the disability stuff as well, so just a thought for you eh.

Take care

Jan xxxx