are mum's always insane...or have I only just noticed....

1 minute read time.

I'm 47...a single independant woman with two grown up sons......I also have cancer.....

I can't drive at the moment so mum and dad assist me.....yesterday I got my permanent lung drain put in.....

mum spoke for me at the hospital.....she started to give them my old name now...my maiden name....

i was filing my nails while waiting....she told me to stop or they would break........

she rings my doctor and district nurse without telling me.......

I was changing for an x ray...she followed me and started to undress me......then took all my clothes with her.......

she was in such a flap that the door banged really loud and the staff came to see what it was...mum just stood there looking at me......

she interrupts the doctors when they are trying to explain something and we all lose the thread ....

my poor dad bimbles along with me in my wheelchair...then mum comes running and rushes us around......

I was waiting in the car for him, texting my friend....mumsie took my phone and handbag from me..got in the car...and home we went...in silence....

I'm 47...a single, independant woman with two grown up sons....

six months ago I ran the 'race for life..in 25 minutes...I drove..I walked my dog....and i had my own business...

then the cancer came back........

now I've got mumsie.....a hell of a lot of PATIENCE....and a new found respect for my dad......!! 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Must be a mum thing of sorts,,, mine talks to me like i'm an invalid,, each statement starts and ends with yes dear or no dear!!!  is quite funny really so i go along with it,,,  i lost my husband recently and my pain is her pain cos theres nothing she can do to make it better  for me ,, plus i i know she's worried about saying the wrong thing at the wrong time and sometimes she does but then haven't we all at times!!  i know i have...  the funnniest are the phone calls,  she asks questions,, i answer them and she then relays it to my dad then says i'll pass you over to dad, so i talk to dad ,, same questions, same answers which he relays back to mum!!!  and the scary thing is i can sometimes see the same in myself,, i might say something to my kids and i sort of think  oops i'm turning into my mum aghhh!!   still i love them to bits and they need to show they care in whatever way they can even if it drives me nuts at times   bless em!    all the best to you all love linda xx