Feeling scared

Less than one minute read time.

I saw the consultant yesterday and he told me that he is running out of treatment options. I am about to have No 6 of gemcarbo and he is talking about having weekly taxol as next line. He also told me that he thinks I have months to live not years. But he didn't say a number. I don't know what to think now. I don't feel ready to die, I hope it might be more than 12 months but who knows it could be 3 or 4. One minute I feel ok and the next I am in tears, I haven't told my children yet as one of them is doing her GCSEs. They both seem so happy at the moment and I don't want to spoil that for them. If anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated. I am due to finish my current chemo over the next two weeks then have a CT scan before I go back on the 15th July.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Catherine,

I am in a similar position having been told there is no treatment for me as 4 chemo regimes have not made any difference to my disease. My oncologist says he doesn't know how long I will last but" not years- maybe 18 months". It is really difficult to cope somedays but I am 63- older than you but I still have a lot to do.

No one can tell you what to do or to think but remember never give up hope. There are people who live well beyond the time they were "given".

There is always hope.

Love and strength Jen XX