Race for Life: In training... and an update to my situation etc.

1 minute read time.

Tuesday 17th May 2011:Idea

Well decided to go for this and walk it with my daughter, hope I have the energy and not make a fool of myself.

Making it easier for me, by having an online sponsor page, walking with my wee pup a short distance every 2/3 days and resting also.

I have put on some weight, got weighed and yeehaa 2lbs so happy with myself. Arm is killing me still and ? frozen shoulder symptoms setting in physio says..don't want this at all as severe pain.

Well only about 8 weeks to go for next operation, had letter from surgeon saying that it is unwise top do the laparotomy re ovaries etc as major bleeding concern due to having the mastectomy and recons on 2nd side and recon from buttock area; So too dangerous for the flap. Happy with that as was concerned myself, but thought it may have been ok. So another operation later. that will be three major ones.

A wee update on grand daughter; she was back at Consultant this week and it has not changed shape or size, but remained the same, so to go back again in 6 months time. Mum was advised that wee one (3yrs old) may need to get 3 injections per year to stop the estrogen increase and slow down the hormone, otherwise grand daughter will have very early onset of development around 8 yrs old.

Ok for those who may wish to sponsor me for the Race for Life I have enclosed the link, hope it comes up ok.

Many many thanks for helping me help me, my family, future generations and you with your support and star donations to my online secure page which will make it easier to donate. Ok here is the link:

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/donnanicoll0403 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Donna,

First, there is no way you will make a fool of yourself so behave !! - No one is saying you have to finish, I think its great you are prepared to start and only do what you can without slowing your recovery at risk please.

Some of us who are more able bodied or feeling fitter are doing less than you so be proud of what you achieve - Good Luck but do over do things

Love and Hugs

J xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Can I just assure everyone, thats this is genuine as is my other blogs. This is not spam, and while I am aware that I have also agreed that no-one should reply to anyone asking for money.........I am not selling anything, nor do I see your money.... as on the official link above you will see it is all genuine fundraising and your payments go straight to Cancer Research and recorded on my page if you want to sponsor me or make a donation toward my target of £500.00 to raise. If you are so concerned about this the type in Race for Life on your search engine, scroll down to the very bottom of page and click onto sponsor a friend, type in my name Donna Nicoll and my page will come up just as it does on the link above. You will receive an automatic receipt from Race for Life. Your online donations are secure and you can even sponsor or donate to my page with Credit or Debit card or PayPal. Hope this assures you all; but if you don't want to donate then no problem.

I am a bit upset that some people have noted that this may be spam!!!! Admin can check me out for you , I am 100% fact.  Many thanks for all the support I have received since last April and I have also supported many people on this site. Anyway xxxxxxxx to all of you meantime and speak soon xxxxxxx