Got told on 12th July: I am Cancer free. Powerful emotions!!!

1 minute read time.

Idea Well now, don't know really what to say ....................................................................

Went about in a daze all day yesterday, just like when I was first diagnosed last April. 1st Reaction was "Right!!! What room is going to get it first?" (House been left undecorated since diagnosis.)

2nd Reaction was a major thank you sent out to the cosmos. As with all my treatments, the dates landed on ironic anniversaries and this news was no different. It was the 17th anniversary of my aunt Babs, who I always looked on as my mum, so much love, warmth and healing she gave me as a kid, which I carried through my life; today was special in that very same way somehow........ The sky brightened up, the sun came out today even more; and although I am still quite numb by this good news, I have cried once more; perhaps this time tears of Joy mixed with sadness and missing my aunt, I just don't know. Many many people have congratulated me over the last 24 hours of which I say in return,  "many many thanks for all your wonderful support, hugs etc"

I will be back, (as still have to go through preventative surgery on the other side and the ovaries!!) But the weight that has been lifted from my shoulders is tremendous, only hope now that I can put on the proper weight needed now as well as keep up my immune system.

One thing to say folks: "Cancervive".   speak soon xxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wonderful news, so pleased for you ,enjoy.

Best wishes   Sue xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Donna,

Such fanastic news after so much that you've endured! I know you still have some surgery to go, but take care - "Cancervive" - What a lovely word!

Love and hugs, Rose x x x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carrot,

Good for you girl now get out there and enjoy yourself.

All the best and Good Luck.

Take care and be safe big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Brilliant x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Donna

I read your about the journey you have been on this past year, OMG what a bloody road that has been for you, I've cried for you and laughed at you. The big thing that stands out with all who suffer this damn sickness is the humour, my Dave has his moments too.

I was so pleased to read your fantastic news Donna, you have come such a long way and I appreciate there is more for you to endure but keep at it, your such a strong person inside Donna, an insperation as I'm not sure I would have handled things so well.

Well done you, sending you more strength and love

Shaz ((((((((XXXXXX))))))))