The waiting game

Less than one minute read time.

Over the last two years I have been to my  doctor sevaral times with persistant diarrhea.  He kept saying .... are you loosing weight  "no" do you feel unwell "no" . Theres nothing to worry about then.

About the time of the symptoms starting he changed my BP tablets and on the leaflet it says may cause 'diarrhea' along with a whole host of other side effects.

This eased my mind and I put up with the diarrhea for a whole year ,then went back to the doctor and insisted he put me back on the pre diarrea BP tablets. This he agreed to but the diarrea persisted and it wasn't till I started passing blood that he arranged a colonoscopy .

As I lay there in my modesty shorts looking at the ugly growth in my colon on the monitor being cut for biopsy check and wandering has this been left to late.  Two weeks later  I had the CT scan and now have to wait tii the 23feb before I can see the consultant to find out what exactly I am suffering from

Just found this site today  thankyou Macmilllan who ever you are.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi.  I have a similar story about waiting two years for diagnosis. Perhaps you would let us know what has happened since and if you have had a ct scan? X

• Omg that's a long time to suffer. I hope things get sorted and get the care and help you need.  My other half has 3 hernias and is awaiting various home telephone  calls, how those are meant to help? His previous appointment he was only with the nurse/consultant about 5 minutes! I know he is in a lot of pain but trying to be strong. Bless him.