Where were you Macmillan ??

1 minute read time.

As the title suggests Where were you Macmillan ?

My mam passed away yesterday and from the moment she was diagnosed with Lung Cancer til the moment she died where were you ?

In the beginning she had a macmillan nurse. Then she was told she could no longer have that nurse as my mam was under the care of the royal marsden hospital and that nurse was attached to St helier. So she waited for weeks to be assigned another nurse eventually one turned up and introduced herself then phoned the following day to say she was leaving and another nurse would be assigned to her.

Two weeks later another one showed up promising her help with her personal care, help with getting about help with benefits etc. weeks went by and still nothing My mam was literally left to fend for herself with no support whatsoever until she phoned the original nurse literally begging for help,

she was in pain, couldn't walk, couldn't bathe herself or even wash her own hair Thankfully the first nurse jumped on the phone and gave everyone concerned a good old rollicking for leaving my mam for so long without any help or support but unfortunately that was only a few days ago and my mam is now dead so your services will no longer be required.

I'm sitting here now at 4.45 am trying to make sense of it all wondering why you let her die in such an undignified manner with little or no support at all ?? You could have helped to make her more comfortable in the final months you could have even helped to improve her quality of life but you stood back and did nothing and let her die.

I hope to god I never have to rely on Macmillan in years to come because if i do god help me if thats the kind of care and support i can expect

So again I ask the question for one final time WHERE WERE YOU ?

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

So sorry to hear about your mum, sending you strength and courage to help you in this very difficult and sad time. Peanutx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Shane, this is awful, and completely indefensible.  I hope you get the answers you are looking for.  

I'm so sorry that the organisation which has supported me so well during my illness, has let you and your Mum down so badly.

Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Shane, how very sad that all dont get the same level of support, but know like you that sometimes care in the community is c..p. Perhaps a letter to the team to get some answers so that you can move on, as when something like this happens it is very hard to get on, but you must try and remember the good times with your dear mum, and at least now there is peace for her.Take care xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hello shane

i replied to your post in forum  so very sorry for your loss and when you feel able i hope you get answers as to why this was allowed to happen xxxx irene

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hello Shane, I hope one of the Mac assistants sees your blog and is able to 'justify' this complete lack of care and consideration.  Ann x