Drink to Our Hero

Less than one minute read time.

Jonathan died this morning at 10.30 am.  

Because he never thought he was going to die - or not for another thirty years, as he frequently pointed out  - we never discussed funerals.  He did say, however, that he wished he had thought of Picasso's last words first which reputedly went something like this:  'Drink for me friends, for I will drink no more.'  

So, raise a glass to Our Hero, who really was the perfect, gentle knight and loved by all. 

Jonathan Watson Humphrey, 1957 - 2010.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Grace

I am so devasted to read your news.  

I can't think of anything else to say at the moment and will come back when I can try and say something useful.

Jonathan was such a brave man and he will always be your hero.

With love for now

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Grace,

My deepest sympathy to you in this very sad time.

Take care of yourself over the coming weeks/months.

RIP Jonathan.

Love Vee X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Buzzie

I am so very sorry to read this saddest of news.  There are no words that will make this right either for you nor for Jonathon.

The words seem so empty and overused, but please read that my condolences are heart felt and deeply sincere.  I fervently wish they were necessary and that your hero was still here to walk by your side for many yeras yet to come . Buzzie he was and still is a true hero having done battle against an unseen foe regardless and yet still  staunching going forwards.

I will be raising a glass to Jonathon as soon as I have finished this message.

Buzzie my heart goes out to you .............!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My deepest condolences to you and your family at your loss.

Christine xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am so sorry, I wish i could say something to help. Bless you and I will raise a glass to your hero

Clare x