Second chemo 13/07/2011

Less than one minute read time.

Ok, the second chemo went ok. I have a swollen hand as the needle marks are not healing properly. I have a really bad metalic taste in my mouth, every food even water taste like its burnt. I am very tired as I was up the whole night, steriod do make you crazy.

I went for my injection today, hurts like hell but it was over soon.

I got a wig on NHS, the woman showed me some really strange stuff not much veriety however I settled on a very generic wigs which I do not believe is worth £100. They then charged me £28 for shampoo kit ????

Cancer is very expensive, food, stuff, travel everything goes up as you are not earning much and if your employers are tight you are pretty much in hot water.

I have to survive till 3rd August then last dose of Taxatere / Docetaxal. I will have 3 of FEC after that hopefully the side effect would be this bad fingers crossed.

take care

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello blue70, well done on no.2 chemo.  Yes, when we most need help financially, we're slaughtered by the cost of 'things'.  Did you know you can take your wig to a hair salon and they will style it for you - some even do it for nothing! So I've heard.  Anyway, I didn't have a wig, I just used funky hats and scarves as my nut got very hot especially in summer.  Unless you are told to the contrary, try and take your steroid in the morning as they do make you feel like superman and  you must listen to your body and rest, drink lots, just be nice to you.  The FEC is a very powerfull combination so make sure you try and eat well too.  Good luck to you, the treatment will go quicker than you think and you'll be the other side soon, hopefully feeling well.  Take care, Ann x