3-4 August 2011 3rd Chemo

Less than one minute read time.
Hi had my third chemo yesterday and as usual I am going down fast. Oral thursh is getting bad. My legs are hurting again, my head is. Racking up as is my tummy. I am so fed up, pray for him xxx
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Aw Blue, so sorry you are having such a hard time with the chemo.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones who didn't suffer too much. I did have side effects, constipation being the worst, but soon got that sorted, thankfully!

Haven't they tried anything different for the thrush? It's a nightmare when your mouth is hurting so much. My district nurse advised me to freeze grapes and suck on them when my mouth was sore. It's not a cure, but can help cool the pain a bit.

No wonder you are fed up. I hope you are resting as and when you need it.

Hope you're feeling much better soon.

Best wishes, Christine xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Blue,

My thoughts are with you and your family . I hope that soon the pain will ease and you can get a bit of restbite from it all. Did you try Nystan Oral suspension for the thrush??.

Look after yourself.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Sarsfield.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Blue,

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time with chemo. I too was diagnosed with BC and had 6 chemo, I found it really difficult and had horrible side effects. Sore mouth, ulcers, constipation, sickness, awful muscle pain etc. etc. I really did not want to continue with it. I too was taken by my husband (under extreme protest) to every appointment. I guess we are some of the unfortunate ones, as some people barely seem to have any side effects. However, I have now finished all my treatments after 14 months, and had my first mammogram. I received a letter from the hospital last weekend with the results of this mammo, which said 'no significant abnormality' Those three little words made everything worthwhile. I know how hard it is, but hang in there and never take your eye off your goal....it is possible. Very best of luck hun xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Blue, I salute your bravery and, remember, it does get better and so will you.  The best medicine is always the hardest to take.  Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for your kind messages. I am really finding it hard coup with all the pain, constipation, direahh and a sense of doom.

love you all xx