Day +151: Somebody find out what's wrong me already...

1 minute read time.

Well I've spent a few more weeks feeling absolutely rotten; nausea, abdominal pain, back pain, mouth ulcers and on top of that my eye's still blurry. I've had pretty much every test they could think of, my consultant was worried it was a relapse of leukaemia with the back pain and everything so I've had a Bone Marrow test and a Lumber Puncture and spent a few days pretty worried but both the results came back totally clear. On top of that my X-ray and MRI scan were clear as well so its looking like it might be the Graft vs. Host of the gut again, which just means going back on the Budesonide. It's a bit of a step backwards but still it's not that bad, the Budesonide doesn't affect me really, but they have to confirm thats what it is first before I go back on it. Which means a few more days waiting for results and feeling crap. I've missed a couple of my lectures already and my physio has just gone out the window because I feel so rubbish, but I suppose its best this happens now rather than later on in the year when assignments start pouring in.

All in all though I'd much rather feel like this than have all the mental affects of the steroids which, by the way, have finally worn off. I'm not feeling anxious or depressed anymore and I can concentrate fine, so even if I miss a lecture or tutorial I can catch up.

Still I wish they'd get on and give me this endoscopy so they can figure out what's wrong with me.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Will I am so sorry to hear that you are having a bad time and hope things work out better for you soon. With your Uni work you need the time to study.

Thinking of you with love

Teri

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hiya

I've followed your blogs for some time and wanted to say how much I admire you for your perseverance and gritty determination.  You are the kind of man who makes me envious of the younger female generation because your emotional intelligence equals your obvious intellectual capabilities [an equation sadly lacking in my peers!]

Destiny operates a bizarre lottery.  After what you have gone through, I doubt whether the SAS will be tough enough for you!  But a day is going to come when you look at yourself and say, "Wow -  I did THAT!"

I think it's wonderful that you're going on with your studies; wishing you all the very best

Cat x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Will hi! I am so sorry to read your latest blog, I was a little concerned as we had not heard from you for a while. I had to rush to Italy as my dad was taken poorly so have not been about. Have you had the endoscopy yet? It does sound like it could be Graft v Host, and  to a degree some GvH is goodness! For sure it is a step backwards, but I am sure  there will be a few more forwards to catch up on lost time. Please keep positive and do as you are told, if you need to go back and ask for help again, do so!! I am assuming it is half term soon and your girlfriend will be around more? That is something to look forward to ......

Meanwhile, take care and look forward to hearing from you soon, very soon with good news!!

Love, Debbie xxx