Unreality

Less than one minute read time.

Here I am, feeling fit & well, apart from effects of stress, yet I am a person who has cancer.

I've had a bladder tumour removed, yet I have been told it may still be lurking deeper or even have spread.

I'm studying the sickness policy from work, cancelling a holiday & claiming for cancellation.  Somehow telling my friends has been OK but dealing with this paperwork makes me feel it's really something serious.

It's the forthcoming surgery & subsequent intervention that will make me feel unwell. Having had one general anaesthetic for TURBT, at least I have some idea what to expect for the next day surgery visit.

At least I'm managing to get on with ordinary living in the meantime. I've no list of ambitions to fulfill so I'll stick to my day to day activtes.

Anonymous
  • Hope you get good histology results.

At least for all of us here the cancer has been detected & is being addressed, which must be better than being taken by surprise at an untreatable advanced stage.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi well I had my first all clear in may and am getting back to normal ?? everday gets better and I dont think about cancer every moment of every day now, my energy is back and am sure my children are glad things are getting back to the old routine. But i have to say every now and agian a twinge or funny feeling in my bladder and I am off again and think its back I cant think that that will ever go away and I am sure that when August comes and its time for my no.2 check i will be worried sick again.