Third time lucky!

1 minute read time.

Saw my consultant yesterday and told him my decision was to have carboplatin and taxol weekly (three weeks on and one week off will be one cycle) The CA125 will be checked after cycles 2 and 4 and if that is improving I will have two more cycles so six in all. This will be the third time having carbo/taxol so keeping everything crossed that it works!  Of course, my hair will go again so I think a new wig is needed as I have had the same one for over three years. It is a very good one but time for something different methinks!

Our lovely daughter came with us to the hospital this time and met the consultant. She lives in Leeds and although she speaks to me on the phone everyday, I think she feels far away from the situation. I had to tell her and her two brothers recently that the hospital is looking to control my cancer rather than cure it and this was very hard for them to hear. They know , however, that I will never give up and are heartened by my optimism.

So it was back to the hospital today for a GFR test, to check my kidney function ...I didn't expect that to happen so quickly but once a decision is made, my consultant tends to act fast!  Now I just have to wait for my chemo schedule and then off we go, kicking this disease into touch.

Lots of love to all,

lizzie xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them. Like the sound of pink Viv, or even purple! I remember in the tv series UFO that the girls on moonbase had purple wigs.....crazy fringes but the colour was gorgeous!

Take care and feel well,

Love lizzie xx