It's snow joke............

1 minute read time.

Hi all,

Well we in Kent have joined the rest of the country under a blanket of snow. I had my second chemo of cycle 5 yesterday and my lovely friend who drives me and my husband to all the appointments was determined I would get to the hospital in Maidstone. It took 35 minutes to get to the end of the next road from our house but we persevered and arrived only 15 minutes late. My treatment was started almost straight away (no low neutrophils this week thank goodness) and it all went very smoothly. I think it would have been a different story today as it is extremely treacherous (where are the gritters?) The staff at the treatment center are wonderful and some of them had very long journeys into work  in adverse conditions but thank God for them I say.

I hate this weather, the only snow I like being the stuff in those snow globes that you shake. I have loved these since I was a little girl and while shopping the other day, saw a lovely Christmas one which was beautifully decorated and quite inexpensive....so I treated myself! Later at home I was engrossed in my new purchase and didn't hear hubby come in. When he saw what I was doing he had a good laugh and made some less than complementary remarks which I ignored of course. I put it down and went into the kitchen to make some tea and when I returned, guess who was totally absorbed in shaking the globe and watching the snow whirl around.  He didn't even realise I was there until I spoke although he did have the grace to look somewhat embarrassed.

Anyway, I have 4 more chemo sessions to go, which, barring any delays should finish the second week of January, followed by a scan in early February and then see the consultant for the results.

Love and best of luck to you all, whatever your circumstances,

Take care and keep smiling,

Love lizzie xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Many thanks Sharon, Teakbank, Sue, Viv and Kate for your comments. I hope I can get to my chemo appointment next Tuesday as it is STILL snowing! Good luck to everyone who has to venture out.

Love and best wishes,

lizzie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I hope I can get to my scan on Tuesday as well- we had 8" here this morning and it is still snowing now.  I had a phone consultation with my GP - saved a lot of aggro, pick the tablets up when I can get out!  I'm staying in as long as I can!

Viv