It's snow joke............

1 minute read time.

Hi all,

Well we in Kent have joined the rest of the country under a blanket of snow. I had my second chemo of cycle 5 yesterday and my lovely friend who drives me and my husband to all the appointments was determined I would get to the hospital in Maidstone. It took 35 minutes to get to the end of the next road from our house but we persevered and arrived only 15 minutes late. My treatment was started almost straight away (no low neutrophils this week thank goodness) and it all went very smoothly. I think it would have been a different story today as it is extremely treacherous (where are the gritters?) The staff at the treatment center are wonderful and some of them had very long journeys into work  in adverse conditions but thank God for them I say.

I hate this weather, the only snow I like being the stuff in those snow globes that you shake. I have loved these since I was a little girl and while shopping the other day, saw a lovely Christmas one which was beautifully decorated and quite inexpensive....so I treated myself! Later at home I was engrossed in my new purchase and didn't hear hubby come in. When he saw what I was doing he had a good laugh and made some less than complementary remarks which I ignored of course. I put it down and went into the kitchen to make some tea and when I returned, guess who was totally absorbed in shaking the globe and watching the snow whirl around.  He didn't even realise I was there until I spoke although he did have the grace to look somewhat embarrassed.

Anyway, I have 4 more chemo sessions to go, which, barring any delays should finish the second week of January, followed by a scan in early February and then see the consultant for the results.

Love and best of luck to you all, whatever your circumstances,

Take care and keep smiling,

Love lizzie xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lizzie

Gald you made it to chemo yesterday, hope you are feeling well todayxx I too love snowglobes, there is something very magical about them, although I have to admit that I love watching snow falling by the lamplight at night,(although hate being out in it!!)

We have 16 inches here and more falling as I write, and I'm getting cabin fever as the car has been snowed since Sunday!!

Anyway,best wishes, and may all your snowfalls be little ones lol xx

Sharonxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good to hear you made it for your session yesterday.

Yes snow is lovely to watch from inside a warm building, but not to venture out into it.

We've had snow & ice here in Lincs since last Wednesday, along with thunder & lightning at regular intervals - weird!!

I made it down to see my nurse Monday morning for bloodtests, bloodpressure check & B12 jab.

Have an appointment at Louth hospital on the 15th, hope weathers a bit better then as at present many staff at Louth are staying at the hospital as it's been snow/ice bound with roads cut off.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lizzie , Glad you managed to get your chemo, hope the rest of your treatment goes to plan .  It's snowing here today ,have to go to work soon hope i can stay on my feet !!!!

Best wishes, Take care  Sue  xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lizzie,

We too have snow - most unheard of down in  this part of the world, but it's been falling all day now!  We are supposed to be up in Canterbury for the weekend, but with one thing and another in makes me wonder if we will be going.  I hope it clears up before I have to begin my trips for chemo again.  The news says don't travel unless strictly necessary, but chemo must come under that banner - makes you wonder what happens if you can't get through.

Keep smiling and keep warm

Love n hugs

Viv

• I'm so glad I don't have any hospital appointments this week - we've been snowed-in for three days! Gllad you made it okay and good luck with the rest of your appointmments.

Best wishes,

KateG