bizzie lizzie Hi I'm new.....

Less than one minute read time.

Hi, I am new to the site and have been reading through the posts and finding amazing supportive people. I was diagnosed with stage 3/4 ovarian cancer in 2007. I had extensive surgery and 7 cycles of carbo/taxol. This was followed by 14 months remission but then I relapsed and had another 6 cycles of the above. After 7 months in remission I relapsed again and am now on liposomal doxorubicin(Caelyx). I am feeling quite well at the moment but have a few questions and would value your comments.

Firstly, I have had quite severe muscle pain in my legs due apparently to the taxol.  Have others experienced this? Secondly, I had an infection in my wound after surgery (must have happened in hospital as I had only been home a day when my wound dressing filled up with blood and leaked out giving me quite a shock!) Am I alone in this? Have to say my scar is not a thing of beauty! Lastly, Has anyone had different chemo to the ones I have already mentioned , particularly for advanced ov/ca.  Thanks for taking the time to read this. Very best wishes to you all. xx

Anonymous