Bit of a funny day......

1 minute read time.

Hi all,

Bit of a funny day today or maybe my expectations were too high. I have been to see my consultant and was hopeful that my CA125 had gone down after 2 cycles of Caelyx. It was 202 before starting treatment and now it is 234. "Oh ", I said "it's gone up!". "No" said my consultant, "A rise like that is nothing, it's stable". Previously, on carboplatin/taxol, there had always been a considerable drop and I suppose I was expecting the same this time.

Then the consultant said that , because I had had the CA125 done at my local hospital he wanted another one done at this hospital where I have my treatment. According to him, the test result can vary from hospital to hospital which quite surprised me as I thought they would be standard wherever you went.  He then said that if the result was similar I would not need a scan in the near future but should there be any surprises i.e much higher, I would have a scan in the next few weeks.

I have had previous scans at my local hospital and this hospital but he wants me to have the next one at  the same place as the last scan I had, because he needs it to be on the same machine as they too can vary! Has anyone else been told this?

Anyway, I was feeling a little bit down when I left the hospital (especially as it started to pour with rain), but by the time I got home the sun was shining and I was back to my usual cheery self. I will get the new CA125 result on Wednesday morning and hopefully have chemo the same day.

Take care and feel well,

Love lizzie xx

I

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you all for your comments and good wishes. I think I will have to be more relaxed about CA125 levels, especially as I am feeling well and my energy levels are good.

Take care and feel well,

Love lizzie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi lizzie sorry obout delayed reply ,but have been babysitting,,,,,again,my ca125 went up by 10 when i had my last chemo and doc said they werent worried,so i woulnt worry too much good luck for your scan i will be thinking about you ,,,love and hugs xxxxxkay