feeling very very down

Less than one minute read time.

had to tell work yesterday that i could not attend, my throat has swollen up making it very difficult for me to swallow, even water hurts, the mouth wash does too.

i knew it would be bad but dint think it would be this bad this quick. am feeling very lifeless and have even thought of saying no to the next lot of treatment as it will only make me feel worse, i dont think the oncologist has took into the treatment plan that i am on other medications for other problems, have been told by a few people that he does not care about other conditions only the cancer he is dealing with i find that very hard to digest but i will ask him when i go up today, well off for a bath now before i go up to the hospital

see you all later

Biggles13

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Al,

If you want your treatment to work, You are going to have to put up with the side effects. Sorry mate.

Take care and be safe Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

its a long road ahead al but stay strong youll get there (((((((xxx)))))))))))

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Biggles, sorry you're having a tough time.  Don't feel bad about work - none of us is irreplaceable.  Don't give up yet, some of us manage to get through without too many probs. but some of us unfortunately have a really shi..y time.  Please discuss your feelings with the onco. not the nurses and be completely honest with him/her.  I only had one chemo. and nearly died so couldn't have mine by the time I recovered.  I'm still here though and managing to nag my husband to the best of my ability.  One day at a time Biggles, no-one said this was a joyride but listen to yourself and rest and keep drinking fluids if you can - it really will help you.  Take care, good luck, don't give up Biggles. Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi biggles, sometime one of the side effects of your treatments is depression/feeling low..... it goes hand in hand, even when you accept that fact it doesnt make you feel better cos you feel like you can do better.... but you will get through it... keep strong

liz xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Biggles, big hugs to you,down days are to be expected! The mouth/swallowing effects can be awful(mine were) Don't suffer in silence Al,ask for stronger pain relief! It's a long path but you can and will get to the end, don't lay down under or give up.....Fight!!!

Big hugs to you and yours, Alison/x