25th Jan 2010 Bertiebassett

Less than one minute read time.

Steroids made Bert completely manic and paranoid, it was a bit scary. He thought I was going to hit him then he was sobbing for ages, then he wanted to paint the bedroom and was out of bed in a flash ready to do it. He paced the floor for hours. My nerves were shot to pieces as he kept stumbling. He kept hanging over the top bannister to shout something downstairs I had visions of him going head first over the top.

All is calm for the time being Steroids stopped today and he has not to have any more as they didn't help the double vision anyway so normal service should be resumed hopefully fairly quickly.  I feel like a hypocrite as I was complaining because he slept constantly but I think I would rather have that than the emotional disaster of the weekend. Marie Curie coming tonight so at least I will sleep no matter how often he gets up.

Luve Teri

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Teri

My heart is heavy as I read this, what emotional toll its taking on you both right now.  

Love & Strength

Debs xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Teri and Bert,

My thoughts and strength go out to you both. I hope you get a good nights sleep Teri. you both have gone through very hard times.

Take Care Keep Safe Love Sarsfield.xx

• Oh Terri, how awful for you both. I know some folk do have a bad reaction to steroids - my normally mild-mannered daughter threw a wobbly but in the longer term it did help her with her Crohn's. Perhaps they haven't sorted the correct dose yet? So glad you're getting some help tonight.

Best wishes,

KateG

P.S. Had a long 'wait' trying to conect to your posting again!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Teri, I hope you get the good nights sleep that you so deserve tonight. My heart goes out to you.

(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))

Angela x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Teri, feel so sorry for you and Bert ofcourse, these past few weeks have been hell for you both, lets hope things

turn a corner and both of you have some

peace for a change.

With Love Lucylee. xxxx