anti sickness my eyeball!

• Wayward...

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Wayward.......

I get one extra week to recover post surgery and I decide to eat!
    Every chemo session I stress about those dreaded scales.
    'Up you go now, and we will weigh you.'
    Unlike a lot of women out there, each time I step on those blasted scales I'm prayin'.....please let my weight be up, please let it be up!
    I don't have a scales in my house, so I can only check every three weeks at the hospital…
  • Five simple words to ruin your day......

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Three chemo sessions down- three to go.
    Just when you think you have things sussed....I know not to eat for about twelve hours before my chemo, I know that anti sickness drugs dont work for me for the first 24 hours after my treatment. I know what songs are the best ones to hum in my head when they are pushing the drugs through the syringe. I know how many bucket bags to get ready for the puking sessions, I know…
  • I am Woman, hear me Roar (Squeak!)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sitting in chairs last week, waiting for my chemo, the only bald (female) person in the room and a smiley woman in her mid forties comes over.  She has dark grey hair, short and a little spiky, funky in a way, with retro sixties glasses perched resolutely on her nose.
    She kneels down beside my chair and I can practically hear all ears hone in on our conversation. This is a very polite waiting area, no…
  • A Hair Brain Idea!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The hairdresser at the Cancer Centre said that my hair would begin to 'release' (fancy word for fall out in big, panicky chunks) around day 10-14 of my treatment. Those dates were engrained in my head. Day 10-14, Day 10-14, Day 10-14.

From day five onwards, after my chemotherapy,  I check the pillow in the mornings and run my hands through my hair to count the folically challenged strands.  Nothing to report…

• The Nose Knows Best!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's all about the nose at the moment.

After my adventure to the hospital, I spent two days basically lying in my bed, staring at the ceiling, too out of it to care about anything.

A tumble weed was blowing in the bathroom, next to my 'products' shelf. I hadn't cleansed, toned or moisturised in days. I felt like a scaley vagrant, unwashed and unclean.  I hadn't washed my hair in days, though subconsciously…