Almost four weeks after catheter removal.

Less than one minute read time.

I was not leaking very much over the past few weeks usually dry all night, also during the morning up until three in the afternoon. Last night my no leaking during the evening stopped. I have been using level two pads, woke up to damp underpants the urine had leaked through the side. Not sure why I leaked after 4 weeks of being good. I will just have to keep an eye on it. The only thing I can think that’s changed is my exercises, I started using more force perhaps I have overdone it, I will have a day off. 

On the subject of pelvic floor exercises, I have been doing sets of ten six times a day, I like to lay down on the bed when I do them it helps me feel the muscles contract. 

Anonymous
  • Hi Kit, Me, again pressed the wrong button. On the subject of peeing, it is now four weeks since the catheter came out. I do not go running but am fairly active, what I have found is that if I just relax during the day and potter around the house I do not leak, when going to the toilet I sitdown but this is only because I dribble a bit and got fed up cursing myself for wetting my underpants. If it was not for the dribble I would be peeing as normal. On the days when I am active, that is walking for a few miles, doing a bit of shopping etc, etc. I start to leak, it seeps out, not a torrent, very annoying. So at the moment and really for the last week I have been stable, no visible improvement. As you will see on this site everybody is slightly different and we all have different healing rates, age has something to do with it, but I am not too sure about the level of fitness before the operation, oh! You have to factor in how good your surgeon and care is.

• Hi Pros, My catheter leaked from the second day after the operation, I used pads also. When I had the catheter out the hospital gave me twenty pads and a document pack called 'Moving on post treatment'. Try to curb your impatience, believe me I know how difficult that is but it should pay off in the long run.