Thoughts from the frontline - 109 - the nag nag nag issue!

2 minute read time.

OK. I get it. You want me to be more regular with my blogs on here. So many nags over the past couple of months! Nag nag nag nag nag!

But I've got the hint :-)

But what can I write about? My last scan was back at the beginning of May and my wonderful consultant gave me the good news that I was still clear and that he didn't need to see me for 6 months this time. And I tell you folks 6 months seems way more than twice as long as three months!

Yes I know that this bloody cancer stuff can turn on a sixpence and you can end up needing to fight again without any notice or symptoms. Too many of my friends on here have needed to fight more than once and I know that it is probably just a matter of time before I need to fight it again.

But sod it! I'm going to take on life to the full until that time happens whenever that is!

But the last 11 months have been dramatic to say the least and I know that I would not even be here telling my story without the kind dedication of my medical team. From Raj at my local surgery who caught the ball and got me in urgently for tests through to my home from home on the ward at Wycombe Hospital and the team there led by the wonderful Mr H. My fantastic family and friends who have been there for me and high and low moments.

And especially to my wonderful T who is there for me every second of every day even when she's got a million other things on her mind.

But now I'm concentrating on a mixture of work and giving back. And the big "give back" is putting in the effort for our new charity Bladder Cancer Support UK. I know that only a minority of you lot on here are inflicted with this form of cancer but for us sufferers there is so little out there for support. No national groups and precious few people to talk to with detailed knowledge of this particular form of the big C.

So I am now spending some of my spare time in the launch of the new charity. It will be national with (hopefully) local support groups to give that more personal touch.

I was going to apologise to all the people who have already heard me rant on about this but hard luck! I'm taking no prisoners on this one :-)

Me hungry - it must be lunch!

Andrew xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Great to hear form you Andrew. You sound really well and that warms the cockles of me heart it do's. Take care and Good Luck love Julie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

glad the nagging worked and you rant on about the new charity and support groups, I post every thing I find out brain tumour groups and foundations on facebook and ram it down everyones throat......cos ya just never know eh - look at us!

Keep well and keep up the good work, wish I could have attented the fun day you have planned.

Love & strength to you & T

Debs xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Glad all is well with you Andrew...love Carol x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Are you contacting the media about the new charity? A book of your blogs would be brilliant to promote the charity. When you were writing your DAILY blogs (not having a go at you lol) many of us commented that you should get them published. You told us everything about your journey, sometimes serious, sometimes sad but mostly funny (sorry Andrew, I admit I did laugh at your misfortune). They were a real tonic for me, and others I'm sure.

Can I have an autographed copy please?

Good luck

Angela xx

• Good on you, Andrew... All power to your cause.

Best wishes,

KateG