:(

Less than one minute read time.

I have just found out yesterday that my dad (aged 53) has Adenocarcinoma stage 3 lung cancer. It started off in his right lung and has spread to his left lung. He is awaiting radiotherapy and chemotherapy and had hodkinsons disease when he was 16. I was just wandering if anyone has been through a similar experience? 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Bella, I'm so sorry you find yourself here. There are so many of us going through similar experiences - and you are definitely not alone.

My name is Ann and I'm 52 years old. I was diagnosed with stage 3B adenocarcinoma lung in early July and have just had my last of 4 chemo sessions (Thursday).

Because my cancer had spread beyond the chest, I had chemo first to see if it would shrink things enough to have RT later. My mid-chemo scans showed a good response, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my Oncologist appt on 25th October in the hope that RT will be do-able. I'm sure you must have so many questions right now, and you and your family must be in a state of shock, but if I can be of any help, please just let me know.

Love to you and yours, Ann x