B+

• feeeeed meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I understand food is difficult for many people undergoing chemotherapy… it takes away your appetite, it makes food taste weird…smell weirder.

It’s very much a case of a little bit of what you fancy does you good…. it’s just finding something to fancy.

The whole food thing is exacerbated for me as my diet is so a)restricted by my ulcerated colon andb)bound up in the neurosis of…

• in…out…in…out, ooooh errr…don’t shake it all about

FormerMember
    FormerMember

(27 Dec, 2012)

Out of hospital on Christmas eve and Christmas morning I began to suspect it hadn’t been a totally wise decision as I got up and felt breathless and tight chested.

We had a quiet Christmas just me and Jane and the boy and much of mine was spent lying on the sofa or back in bed trying to get to the end of the day without having to phone the hospital again…. unfortunately this meant waiting…

• It's beginning to feel a lot like cancer...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

(24 Dec, 2012)

(all hum along now….)

Second cycle of chemo and like a 5 year old expected to go to school Tuesday as well as Monday… and slowly dawning on them that they have to keep on going whether its fun or not, I’m slowly waking up to the reality of a long haul.

The difference between being ill and taking some medicine to get better and being ill (well …self destroying) and poisoning…

• disorganised until the last

FormerMember
    FormerMember

(21 Dec, 2012)

Well… supposedly the world will be ending before I finish this post – so it won’t much matter that I’ve totally not got Christmas together this year.

Apologies to those of you who usually get a card off me… I just havn’t got my shit together except the ones the boy can drop round the neighbours.

Bigger apologies to those who usually get a present off me…

• hair today....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

(12 Dec, 2012)

yay….highly original [not] title for the long awaited hair loss blog.

The chemo I’m on is R CHOP and hair loss is pretty much definite…. its something I’ve been quite excited about as I spent chunks of my youth with a number 1 or number 2…. sometimes bequiffed…most oftener not. I like not having hair… I like the way it makes you have to face the world full square on and have nowhere to…