Picko's in the wars again

Less than one minute read time.

Just a few lines to let you know how Picko is getting on. Those of you who remember John will know that he was given 3 months to live in January this year. Well he has had a few slices of sutent which apart from nearly killing him has worked wonders - the damage to his pelvis has started self healing, the tumours in his kidney have reduced as have the spots in his liver and pancreas but the side effects of sutent got so bad they had to take him off it.

The main issue is that since he has stopped the sutent the lymph nodes in his chest have grown at an alarming rate - they gave him another course of sutent and they started shrinking but he can't take anymore so he is finding swallowing difficult but breathing is becoming worrying. The plan now is to give him five shots of radiotherapy and then scan to see what is going on.

Picko has got a rare genetic disease than manifests itself in various illnesses including cancer. ANy messages of support would be appreciated.

Keep smiling

love

Drew

X

Anonymous
  • good luck Picko,   ohh how I remember the tales from the "club" they kept us all laughing whilst we travelled our journey so remember the laughs and jokes at Drew's expense and I am sure there are more to come so keep laughing and things will seem better.    John

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Drew,

Hope Picko comes thru and out the other end of this. He has more complications than any one else I knew but is still fighting. My prayers & best wishes are with him. Tell him Mr Toad and all the rest of the gang are waiting to take him 'messing about' in boats again, destroying a few locks as you go.  You need him in the galley! Tobbias