A Blip...

• The Truth is Out There; RFID tracker/ scout

I tell people that I am going to have a tracker inserted into my breast to let the surgeon locate the tumour (which is very small) and everyone nods knowingly. As do I when the surgeon explains - because there's a whole page my Green File dedica...
  • Held in the Light

It really feels real once I start telling people. They say 'How are you?' not expecting a twisted face sort of reply. I'm not a good liar and if someone asks me how I am then I tell them. But it turns out to be hard.  'Sorry I won't be available...
  • D Day

Of course the wait for the appointment is endless. I am weirdly calm about it all but still -  by the beginning of the following week I come to a decision - if it turns out to be cancer I am going to do what I want and even if it doesn't, we...
  • A Fleck of Glitter

The local breast clinic is outsourced into an erstwhile primary care centre. Easy to find, easy to park and designed to be user friendly. The consultant and breast care nurses were jolly and friendly. This is how the next two hours went  Hello,...
  • Listen to the woman.

I went to see my GP with a list of symptoms mostly around itching. Everywhere. I itch everywhere, including places that I won't mention. He took it very seriously and ordered lots of blood tests, offered to do a breast check ('although i...