Radiotherapy - Forum

• Blood Tests and Anaemia

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Some of us want a new car...A new phone... To lose weight...But someone battling... cancer wants just one thing, to win that battle. 97% of my friends won't re-post this but 3% will. lets see who does. Please Re-post this in honour of someone who lost their battle or for someone fighting it now!

Writing this in honour of my lovely sister who had her first chemo last week, as many cancer patients…

• chemo, a horrid taste in the mouth: TIPS FOR ALL

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks to a lovely friend of mine that sadly lost her father a couple of years ago, she gave me some tips for food and anything edible really that will help during the after tastes of chemo.

Banana's only 1 a day though!!
    Have potassium and magnesium - these help with the bloods and stop headaches
    and nausea and are a number 1 must - be amazed how it can make feel better.

Werthers or boiled sweets:
    Give…

• how do you cope?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

16 years ago, in April 2005 we lost our aunt to cancer, 9 years ago in 2002 we lost our grandfather to cancer, I hope that history will not repeat itself with our sister.

Our sister has special needs, since a febrile convulsion in 1980 where she lost all ability to read, write and spell etc, everything she was educated fell from her and she had to begin again at the age of 12 to 13.  She is now 43, and for the…