highs lows n highs again.

1 minute read time.

well, it allstarted a few months ago, with a scotch egg( thats a story if ever i heard one). had trouble eating it, got diagnosed with gastritous,then an ulcer ( i wish), finally on the 6th of july had an endoscopy(pardon my spelling) with results been a growth of about 8 cm in my gullet,as you can imagine the world turned upside down, thoughts of every end possible good and bad, to coin a phrase no one can get their head around that sort of news.

well my partner and i had alsorts of things planned,our wedding and bev's daughter coming home from dubia,then i was booked for a CAT scaan on the 14th of july,with the possabilty of been in hospital with in a few weeks, so we decided to bring the wedding forward.

We were married on mon 18th july, small do just ourselves and bevs 2 daughters, we had a lovely day, family deciced to surprise us and then joined us for a outstanding meal (unfortunately i was suffering from reflux so had latte coffee and an ice cream mmmmm),then at 3pm i received the call from th gi nurse, the cancer hasn't spread, no  other areas are infected and thats a big step on the road to health ( i hope).So lows don't get more severe then cancer, but  yesterdays highs will keep me up for along time and now we have the dreaded waitfor that hospital letter due at the end of the week.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the Mac Family. Firstly congratulations on your wedding. Ah the dreaded waiting time the curse of Cancer sufferers and their Carers. Well all the best and good luck.

Take care and be safe Sarsfield.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Joe, congratulations to you and Bev on your wedding.

Glad you got the good news that the cancer hasn't spread. You can now get on with fighting this bloody disease.

I hope your treatment goes well and I wish you all the very best for the future.

Christine xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Joe

Warmest congratulations on your marriage, and wonderful news for you both that the cancer has not spread. I wish you all the best with your treatment, yes the cancer journey is one of extreme highs and lows, may the highs be far more frequent than the lows and the return to good health be swift.

Best wishes, sharonx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

thanks for the replys,wish everyone all my very best in their endeavours with this awfull condition.....stay positive.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Congratulations on your wedding, and the good news.  I hope you have many more highs ahead and very few lows.