and now we dance..

1 minute read time.

hi folks,

well had my first chemo, and not a pleasant time of it either.got there at 11 there was an emergency on the ward, my chemo wasn't ready and sat until 13.30.

great start, half way through wanted to pee (sorry) and went dancing down the ward with my non to willing partner who i shall now call left footed sandra the chemo stand. got tangled on the way to the toilet, did the urgent twostep in a cubicle that isn't designed for a large trucker and a stand, and finally made it back to my seat.

then the catering arrived, sandwiches  mmmmmm not can't eat bread.anyroad up finally relaesed back into general population, and experienced for the first time since i was 6 car sickness, least thats what it felt like. decided to take the prescribed anti sickness tab with my painkillers, glass of water gulp gulp and threw up with the feeling of my throat on fire, yes forgot rule no 2 no cold drinks for at least 3-4 days.

so tired, sick, strangly hungry and with more aches and pains than i deserve i'm calling it a day and going to bed, hopefully tommorrow will be better, and to all you guys gone through this you have my upmost envy if it went all right.

as always stay happy positive and love those around you. joe xx 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi my lovely Joe,

Sorry you feel rubbish and it didn't go great... Take all the anti sickness tablets etc before they start next time... and take anything else you need and then some more and then sleep and sleep! (well, that's how I dealt with mine)

It is crap- no two ways about it.... and you have my sympathies...I danced for joy when they took my pump off for the last time-(well, in my head, couldn't dance for real if my life depended on it...

(my chemo they put in a pump in a bum bag and packed me off for the week with it dripping in 24/7) so never got a chair or even a sandwich...! though remember that wonderful dance well with the left footed trolley when I had my transfusion... you did make me laugh with that one...

Hang in there my mate and the biggest hug to you. and listen to your own wise words of love those around you etc...

Little My xxx

ps does your dog have glasses on? The picture is tiny and I think it does and it makes me smile every time I see it, and if it doesn't then who cares, cos it makes me smile anyway....

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi Little My,

back up fighting fit THATS A LAFF, still can't stop been sick. bev says if it dosen't settle down contacting hospital, cos i can't take my next chemo tablets.so best foot forward (thats the one not stamped on by sandra you should have seen my moves haha), and a cuppa with owt i can manage...grrrrrr fightin talk.

just put a proper foto on my page of my dog , she's called ruby and is so laid back she's horizontal.

all my best my friend, will hopefully have better news soon, joe x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

p.s you can she her better in the

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

p.s you can see a better photo of the dog in the photo n video section, j xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Joe --------- so sorry to read this!

It IS shit, yes, as L.My says, and anything that helps you get through, whether cuppas or warped humour, go for it!

Sending you HUGE hugs... I had my 2nd chemo today and nearly had to go back in 3 hours after getting home as my temp went up to 38.5!! Thankfully it went back down but I feel run over by a bus, if that's any consolation..?? Or maybe, in a parallel world, you and Sandra ran me over?? ;)

Best wishes and big blessings to YOU

xx