January 1st

Less than one minute read time.

Woke up positive this morning, not sure how long it will last.  I've tried to find the positives out of the last 7 months and the main one is i'm still here!!!  the care i've received from the team at the Churchill Hospital, Oxford as been excellent.  The support from Mark (the wonderful man in my life) as been out of this world, even when I've just randomly burst into tears for no readily apparent reason, something I do quite a lot!!!  Feel like i'm starting to ramble so I'm going for a cup of tea and set myself up to beat cancer and stop it taking control of my life.  Happy New Year!!  2014 WILL be better than 2013!!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello lainee

Yes i know exactley what you mean about taking control of your life as i think that it does too all of us it is difficult not to let it as all we have is appointments and therapies, but yes i think if you try really hard then you can stop it doing so during our free time i however am finding this quite hard as it intrudes into every part of my life stopping me eating drinking so i have no social life, i hope yours is easier.

kind regards  grandadbob14     aka   james

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Go for it lainee, I have the view that there is little or nothing I can do except take Dr's advice. I have Prostate cancer, but I don't even think about it. just keep taking the tablets, do as I'm told & get on with life. I consider myself as fortunate, I think I was caught early, thanks to a bladder issue.

I have alway had a positive outlook on life which I think helps enormously. My family, friends & other people I know are supportive without being intrusive. If they see me, I am asked how I am 'today' & the subject is closed...Just the way I like it.

I like your thinking of "2014 WILL BE BETTER". With that attitude, it will be :yup2:

Wishing you all the best for 2014.

C.