Stress relief and being good to yourself

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 44 replies
  • 313 subscribers

Good morning lovely people

I'm nearing the end of my treatment - just 12 rads and Herceptin to go. As part of my recovery process, I realise that I need to make some changes in my life, one of which being to try and reduce stress.

So my question for you all on this sunny morning (well it is sunny near the Pennines) is this...

what do you do to try and reduce stress? How are you "kind to yourself"? I'd love to hear your tips. As for me, I'm finding a new love for gardening and I am also trying mindfulness.

Love to you all 

xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've realised there's a lot to be said for the 'Wise Words' I heard when I was growing up, that I never paid any attention too!! Like - "Don't sweat the small stuff!"

Going through Cancer makes all the other stressful stuff in life pale in comparison. Now days I can see stressful things coming and it's easy to just turn a blind eye by not getting drawn in and reacting. It just isn't worth it.

I find that I'm a lot more humble, respectful and empathetic towards everyone around me now - both friends and strangers. You cant tell what's going on in someone else's life by just looking at them from the outside. So I help complete strangers more than I ever did and I'm so much nicer ((not that I was a bitch before!!)) But I do it now, because I get a lot of pleasure from putting a smile on someone else's face. Nothing can replace kindness....

And of course - enjoying the little things that I either took for granted before or just never noticed.

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Finally " Old Skool ". ;-)  Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

The dogs made me chortle out loud whilst waiting for radio ;-)))

Thanks everyone for responding, I've loved reading your responses. I'd never thought of dangly earrings and will look into that! Xxx

• FormerMember

Hi again, i made sure that some of the dangly earrings were bling as well - if you are making a statement make it a bling one - happy shopping xx

• FormerMember
    Hi Amy Lou, glad the pics made you smile ☺️Judith xx
  • FormerMember

I love the dogs on bikes

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ali owl

Good morning! I was told the same thing "make some lifestyle changes"! For me, it is having time with friends (book group, a walk in the park with a friend who doesn't mind that you get tired more quickly, a leisurely coffee in a café you've never visited before), time with family (building a Lego castle takes one's mind off discomfort - for a while at least!!).  And for me my faith, prayer, and church family.  Eat well and regularly and forgive yourself for those days when you simply can't be bothered and just want to read and sleep.  Good luck, and heal well.

• FormerMember

Hi Sister Snail,

Billy Joel & his pug !! And  a dog who's seen it all !!

Thank you :-) 

• FormerMember

Brilliant,just what i needed after a hard day at work to make me smile,all i need now is somebody to rub the sore feet & a big slice of cake to go with my cuppa

xx

• FormerMember

Here you go ... The Pinterest Cake Trolley: Judith xxx