Care In The Hospital

1 minute read time.

My Mother has been in Broomfield hospital Chelmsford for a month now and during this time I have had to repeatedly complaint to the point I am now friends with the cheif exec's assist lol.  I have had to complain about the care levels the treatment, why they dont explain anything to us and think they can just do it.  Why they seem to think that they can just do anything they want and not be accountable?  Why there are never enough nurses, why they leave my Mother in a bed filled with poo and wee, they let her fall out of bed in the night, why it takes me an hour and a half to get through to the ward with my phone on redial and the telephonist tells me the phone is on do not disturb but the ward sister says it is not.  I am so worried all the time that my Mother is NOT getting the care and treatment she deserves but NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE.  While they say they are looking into this nothing is improving my own son had to strip the sheets on her bed yesterday as no one else was going to do it.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD EXPERIENCE OF THIS PLEASE RESPOND

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I was a nurse and i have no excuses to make in the treatment your mum is getting, its disgusting and now calls for drastic measures. Take your camera, no one can stop you taking photos, dont wait for excuses get on to your local newspaper now, this hospital has had warnings from relatives and nothing has been done, its your MUM ,you must be worried sick about her.

With Hugs Lucylee. xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you all for the advice and comments. I feel that even though I have met with the nursing staff and the doctor all of them try to close ranks and speak up for each other and make excuses, I am just wondering if this will happen further on up the chain, we will see but even though they know I am on the case things have not improved at all and I have had several long conversations with the ward head and she has tried to make excuses and told lies about what has happened.  I am still waiting for them to come back to me with an official stance on this so I can decide if I need to take it further I will keep you all posted.  And please please if you dont like the service you receive dont be British COMPLAIN LOL XXXXXXXXX

• I have been to see my mum who is in Macmillan,and every time I go ,mum has just a thin sheet on her bed ,and she has a thin nighty on ,with the windows open and no heating ,and she is freezing ,there is no blankets on her bed ,I have to search the room ,and I put a blanket on her ,mum was cold to toatch ,and said she was freezing all over then last night I visited ,mum had the thin sheet of her ,her nappy was undun ,and the same again ,I felt like crying the windows open agin ,no heating on and she was cold ,I said mum are you cold she said freezing ,mum is dosed up on that mutch medication she can not ask or pres the buzer ,to ask for a blanket .so when the nurses came in I told her my mum is freezing cold the windows open and no heating ,they blaimed it on my mum ,saying she could ask ,but mum carnt even put two words together ,then they asked her if she wants a quilt ,mum didnt answer obviously, because she carnt even think ,she is that druged up ,the nurse walked in with a quilt I shut the windows and turned the heating on ,after 10 minimum they asked me to turn the heating off , odvissly they have problems with the heating bean on ,and mum somthines does strange things to the sheet which means she isn't covers ,so I say and think the heating in her room should be on ,most of the time ,after I left mum kept mooving the quilt ,which means she is going to get cold again and the heating is off so I dressed leaving her ,now iv asked one of my relatives to take her a cardigan ,so she can wear in bed , because they don't want the heating on in her room ,they don't say this but ask me to turn it off saying she might get hot ,which I very much doubt that .if you ask me it's a money thing ,they don't want it on full stop ,and my mum will have to freeze .I was so shocked how cold it was in her room and windows open ,and being windy outside and dull and no heating on and a thin sheet ,when I said every time I come hear mum just has a thin sheet on her bed ,there excuse was ,they have to be washed ,but it's not the point .heating should be on so if she messes with her sheet , because she is delerious ,she will be warm .