Care In The Hospital

1 minute read time.

My Mother has been in Broomfield hospital Chelmsford for a month now and during this time I have had to repeatedly complaint to the point I am now friends with the cheif exec's assist lol.  I have had to complain about the care levels the treatment, why they dont explain anything to us and think they can just do it.  Why they seem to think that they can just do anything they want and not be accountable?  Why there are never enough nurses, why they leave my Mother in a bed filled with poo and wee, they let her fall out of bed in the night, why it takes me an hour and a half to get through to the ward with my phone on redial and the telephonist tells me the phone is on do not disturb but the ward sister says it is not.  I am so worried all the time that my Mother is NOT getting the care and treatment she deserves but NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE.  While they say they are looking into this nothing is improving my own son had to strip the sheets on her bed yesterday as no one else was going to do it.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD EXPERIENCE OF THIS PLEASE RESPOND

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

My Dad was in that hospital poppy Im just going to pm you

hugs

scarlet xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks all for your advice I will be keeping on top of it xxxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Poppylssy,

I know this will sound really stupid,if you think it ia please forgive me. Why Dont you take a camera into the ward your Poor Mum is in and if she has to sleep in a bed full as you call it poo or wee. Take some photos I know this will be embarassing. But if the staff on the ward say that its not true you will have the proof. To take to the Hospital Management.

Good Luck,

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Poppy ..Sarsfields idea is a really good one I wish I had done that when my Dad was in there..that place is a hell hole. I still have an ongoing complaint 2 years after Dad passed away.

Hugs scarlet xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

This is terrible. I found when dad was in hospital (oh that was when they eventually found him a bed on at least four occasions) we had to continually ask the nursing staff for pain relief etc.

Mum and I arrived one day and dad was sitting in a chair, his gown absolutely drenched from the waist down as if a bucket of water had been poured over him. I immediately found the sister and told her dad was wet. She had been in the room with him previous and told him he wasn't wet. She stormed into his room and with a loud booming voice which was her constant manner, announced, oh John you've spilt water over yourself. When dad told he didn't think he had she examined him and it turned out his drains from his wounds were leaking extensively. It was so bad the floor at his feet was soaking.

I stayed over with dad from then on and had to continually seek out the staff and tell them dad needed moving or needed pain relief etc. I dread to think how he would have been treated if my sister or I weren't there to assist. I know they are busy and understaffed, but this was an horrendous way to treat a man who was dying. The sister actually told him in front of me he was being selfish because he told her he wanted to go home as he was so frustrated at the way he was being treated.

My sister has kept a diary of all the treatment and we hope to eventually take this to a management level. Looking back I wish I had spoken up more at the time, but I didn't want dad being treated any worse at the time.

I hope the chief exec listens to your complaints, because, let's face it, you will be speaking up for other patients in the same position too.

Best wishes to you. Christine xx